Scipt Host Error [Solved/Closed]

Ask a question Lexie - Last answered on Feb 12, 2016 at 05:17 PM by publicfr3nemy
Hello,

I recently upgraded to Windows 10 from a Windows 8 machine and am now experiencing a script host error that pops up every 20-30 min. roughly:

C:\ProgramData\AC5F449C-FCDD-951A-4D5B-E5989DD93616}\2.0.1.9\fota.txt

This appeared after I ran a disk clean-up, think it might have removed something it shouldn't have.

In the least techy way, please tell me how to fix. I'm not an idiot but my tech skills w/ computers is limited.

Thank you!!
See more 
Helpful
+3
plus moins
That was the first thing I did, took forever and thought I was clear until bam, the stupid error popped up again. I can try running cc cleaner again but as of now, no luck.
Was this answer helpful?  
xpcman 17338Posts Wednesday October 8, 2008Registration date ModeratorStatus June 22, 2017 Last seen - Feb 12, 2016 at 12:39 PM
You probably need to Malwarebytes to clean the source
publicfr3nemy 3Posts Friday February 12, 2016Registration date February 12, 2016 Last seen - Feb 12, 2016 at 12:56 PM
I just ran CC cleaner again including the registry and sure enough the script error popped up after about 20 min., same error. Is Malwarebytes a program?
Helpful
+3
plus moins
try ADWcleaner :

http://ccm.net/download/download-24088-adwcleaner#q=adw&cur=4&url=%2F

or Malwarebytes antimalware:

http://ccm.net/download/download-105-malwarebytes-anti-malware#q=malwarebytes&cur=1&url=%2F
Was this answer helpful?  
Helpful
+2
plus moins
I ran Malwarebytes and I think it helped! Had the laptop on for about an hour now w/ no pop-up, thank you very much! :)
Helpful
+1
plus moins
I suggest you download the free version of CCleaner and run a Registry clean. That should solve your problem.

Good Luck

Member requests are more likely to be responded to.

Members can monitor the statuses of their requests from their account pages.

A CCM membership gives you access to additional options.

Not a member yet?