Scipt Host Error [Solved]

Ask a question Lexie - Last answered on Feb 12, 2016 05:17PM
Hello,

I recently upgraded to Windows 10 from a Windows 8 machine and am now experiencing a script host error that pops up every 20-30 min. roughly:

C:\ProgramData\AC5F449C-FCDD-951A-4D5B-E5989DD93616}\2.0.1.9\fota.txt

This appeared after I ran a disk clean-up, think it might have removed something it shouldn't have.

In the least techy way, please tell me how to fix. I'm not an idiot but my tech skills w/ computers is limited.

Thank you!!
See more 
Helpful
+3
moins plus
That was the first thing I did, took forever and thought I was clear until bam, the stupid error popped up again. I can try running cc cleaner again but as of now, no luck.
xpcman 16516Posts Wednesday October 8, 2008Registration date ModeratorStatus December 8, 2016 Last seen - Feb 12, 2016 12:39PM
You probably need to Malwarebytes to clean the source
publicfr3nemy 3Posts Friday February 12, 2016Registration date February 12, 2016 Last seen - Feb 12, 2016 12:56PM
I just ran CC cleaner again including the registry and sure enough the script error popped up after about 20 min., same error. Is Malwarebytes a program?
Add comment
Helpful
+3
moins plus
try ADWcleaner :

http://ccm.net/download/download-24088-adwcleaner#q=adw&cur=4&url=%2F

or Malwarebytes antimalware:

http://ccm.net/download/download-105-malwarebytes-anti-malware#q=malwarebytes&cur=1&url=%2F
Add comment
Helpful
+2
moins plus
I ran Malwarebytes and I think it helped! Had the laptop on for about an hour now w/ no pop-up, thank you very much! :)
Add comment
Helpful
+1
moins plus
I suggest you download the free version of CCleaner and run a Registry clean. That should solve your problem.

Good Luck
Add comment

Member requests are more likely to be responded to.

Members can monitor the statuses of their requests from their account pages.

A CCM membership gives you access to additional options.

Not a member yet?