Going round in circles with hotmail recovery codes

Closed
Ste - Feb 16, 2016 at 01:12 PM
 BW - Jul 6, 2016 at 11:54 AM
Hello,

Help please, I have received a msg 2 say my hotmail account may have been hacked. I have now been through the Microsoft recovery 5 times using the codes that have sent & I have changed my password 5 times, but every time I try and sign in with new password I'm getting same mag " it looks like someone else might be using your account" , and I go through whole thing again. Help please anyone

Related:

1 response

dannyds Posts 204 Registration date Thursday January 28, 2016 Status Contributor Last seen November 22, 2020 67
Feb 16, 2016 at 02:06 PM
Hi Ste,

Where the recovery code to be sent?
I've been having the code sent to my wife's email but when I put the code in and change my password it takes me back to the same message to have a code sent again
dannyds Posts 204 Registration date Thursday January 28, 2016 Status Contributor Last seen November 22, 2020 67
Feb 16, 2016 at 02:49 PM
Hi Ste,

If your wife recovery email id is the one that you had set on your hacked account then there should be no problem in resetting your password. Can you share some screenshot of the message you will get at the time of adding recovery code?

Thanks!
Ste > dannyds Posts 204 Registration date Thursday January 28, 2016 Status Contributor Last seen November 22, 2020
Feb 16, 2016 at 03:55 PM
Hi dannyds,
When I try & sign in I get " it looks like someone else might be using your account"
I then click next to verify account
I have 2 fill in missing part of my email address to have code sent, but I'm not getting a code , so I have 2 click " can't verify my account .
I'm then told 2 go 2 account.live.com/acsr
Here I enter my email address for the account I want 2 recover & then enter my wife's email into alternative contact . address.
Then I type the security characters
Then I get msg to check wife's email for code.
I enter code & then I can reset my password,which I have done 7 times now, I get msg 2 say. "your account has been recovered"
When I try 2 sign in with new password I get the same msg I had at beginning " looks like someone else is using your account & the whole thing starts again
Feb 16, 2016 at 04:11 PM
Hi Ste,

Have you turned on the two step verification of your hacked account?

Thanks!
I am having the same problem. The recovery process is a joke. Email or chat support is not available. What's left to resolve this problem?