Lenovo ideapad s510p touch will start up but I can't do anything

Closed
Fish0914 - Feb 20, 2016 at 02:01 AM
BrianGreen Posts 1005 Registration date Saturday January 17, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen September 30, 2021 - Feb 20, 2016 at 05:17 AM
Hello,

So I'm not a very tech savvy person, but my Lenovo was running fine then I went on to type a paper and it started acting strange. I can turn it on, sometimes it takes a while for it to load, but eventually pops up and I log in. Then it takes me to my desktop and my icons pop up and whatnot. I just can't do anything after that. If I want to use the Internet it won't let me. Or even CDs don't work. And eventually something will pop up saying it won't work then the screen will go black. It just seems to be running very slow as well. I've been stuck on this for months now. I just finally have the time to get to the bottom of it. I pulled up the task manager and it says nothing is running...
Anything would be helpful just be to be very descriptive. Thanks!

Also it's running on Windows 10. I've had it since the update was released

Related:

1 response

BrianGreen Posts 1005 Registration date Saturday January 17, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen September 30, 2021 150
Feb 20, 2016 at 05:17 AM
This sounds like a virus to me. Can you start up in Safe Mode? To get there in Windows up to and including Windows 7 press the [F8] key repeatedly as soon as you switch on and then use the arrow keys to select "Safe Mode" and then press the [Enter] key.

If you can and it is responsive then run a virus scan.

If you cant, then you could try to boot off a "Live" DVD (Hirens is good for this). You may have to download it and burn it to a DVD on another PC if you dont have such a disk. When the PC has booted from the disk run an antivirus scan.

When your machine has been cleaned of viruses, update your antivirus as a matter of urgency and perhaps download, install and run Malwarebytes and delete anything it finds.

Please let me know how you get on.

I really appreciate thank you messages as a payment for solving issues   :o)