Power button won't work properly

Solved/Closed
Ernie - Feb 26, 2016 at 10:09 PM
 Ernie - Feb 29, 2016 at 06:40 PM
Hello,

The power button on my ASUS TP500LA-AB53T laptop won't work properly. I have to press the power button on anywhere from 6 to 12 times and holding the power button down anywhere from 1 to 10 seconds and finally after trying several times the laptop will finally power on and this happens even after placing the laptop in sleep mode and I try to wake it up. Is this a hardware problem or a software problem? Any suggestions are greatly welcome. Thank you.
Related:

1 response

Computertech Posts 3569 Registration date Friday February 6, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen July 18, 2016 892
Feb 26, 2016 at 11:59 PM
Remove the battery from laptop and connect the power adapter directly and then try to switch on the laptop and let us know how power button works now.
Thanks for your response. Unfortunately I could not follow your suggestion because my laptop does not have a removable battery unless you remove the entire back which I rather not do. Someone else suggested to unplug the power cord hold the power button for seconds and then plug the power cord back end and restart the computer. This fixed my problem. Now my computer starts every time with just one touch of the power button. Thanks anyway.