Formated my ASUS laptop and FN keys dont work as they used to.

Solved/Closed
Iron - Mar 9, 2016 at 11:49 AM
BrianGreen Posts 1005 Registration date Saturday January 17, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen September 30, 2021 - Mar 11, 2016 at 09:38 AM
Hello, I formated my ASUS ROG PC a few weeks ago and since then the FN keys that are on my arrows pad (Stop, Play/pause, FWD and RWD) dont work as they used to.

They used to be able to control Spotify from any window by just pressing FN+key but now it doesn't even respond.

Is there a way to fix this? I'm using Windows 10.

Related:

2 responses

BrianGreen Posts 1005 Registration date Saturday January 17, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen September 30, 2021 150
Mar 9, 2016 at 01:51 PM
Hi Iron,

You will need to install the keyboard drivers for your particular keyboard to regain this funtionality. Go to the keyboard manufaturers website to download them, or use the DVD that might have come with it when you bought it.

Please let me know how you get on.
It's a laptop. I use the keyboard that is already installed in it, so I have no CD and ASUS doesn't seem to have anywhere drivers for keyboards except for one single USB model.
BrianGreen Posts 1005 Registration date Saturday January 17, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen September 30, 2021 150 > Iron
Mar 9, 2016 at 07:00 PM
Oops sorry - I didnt read the title of your problem. Silly me!

Try this ... Go to Start and type: C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\ATK Package\ATK Hotkey\HControl.exe and press enter.

Hopefully this will do the trick.
It now opens Windows Media Player when I press Play, which I guess it means it sort of worked.

Do you know if there is any solution to this?

Thanks for your help!