Laptop Ethernet Adapter stuck on last network every time. [Solved]

Ask a question VatelsRevenge 3Posts Thursday March 10, 2016Registration date March 14, 2016 Last seen - Latest answer on Mar 14, 2016 07:04PM
I have laptop with Windows 8.1 and a "Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller" Ethernet adapter. I use my laptop both at work and home. Each time i switch locations, the adapter shows that it is "connected" to my last network - naturally with no internet service. I have to reset it each time for it to figure out what network it's actually at.
Windows 8.1 is up to date. So is my adapter driver.
Every laptop I've had in the past easily figures out the new network it's at. Is this simply a settings issue? Windows 8.1 issue? Do I need a new Ethernet card? What's up?
See more 
moins plus
Solved my issue in another forum.

Network Connections > Right click on Ethernet Adapter > Properies > Networking Tab > Configure... [adapter controller button] > Power Management tab and remove the checkmark from the box where it says, "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power". Click Apply./OK to confirm.
Add comment
moins plus
maybe it is sistem issue.It could be from default settings and you have to change your settings manually!
VatelsRevenge 3Posts Thursday March 10, 2016Registration date March 14, 2016 Last seen - Mar 11, 2016 12:34PM
yup. Could be. Could be something wrong with how my computer is set to handle network discovery. Also could be a dying adapter. Perhaps the 2 networks I switch between have unique security settings that are making my adapter act funny. No idea! That's why I'm posting in here.
Add comment

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!