192.168.1.1 show another modem [Solved]

Ask a question pfndesign 13Posts Friday March 11, 2016Registration date March 21, 2016 Last seen - Latest answer on Mar 21, 2016 08:54PM
hi
my network getting wired since yesterday . after a 3 min it is not open any website and when I open 192.168.1.1 it shows me another modem with another model . my modem internet and adsl light is stable and admin has a unique password but that another modem open with admin/admin . and also modem don't show any other client connecting to my wireless.
sorry for bad english
tnx
---update
it is funny when I disable my laptop wifi and connect to modem using a lan there is no problem and also no clients on "Current Connected Wireless Clients" list .
See more 
Helpful
+2
moins plus
Hi pfndesign,

It is possible that your browser is caching old data and is showing you something that is not really there. First try clearing your cache.

If you have changed your router, it is possible the way to get into the settings page has changed. To find out how either look in the instruction manual, look at the label on the modem, or (with your PC is connected to the modem) open a command prompt and type in
ipconfig /all
Look for an entry called "Default Gateway". This will be the IP address to get into your router settings.

Good luck. Please let me know how you get on.

pfndesign 13Posts Friday March 11, 2016Registration date March 21, 2016 Last seen - Mar 11, 2016 06:20AM
thank you for your reply . problem not solved
Add comment
Helpful
+1
moins plus
Hi again,

Sorry for the long delay in my responce. Ive had a wee bit of trouble at home and that must take precidence.

I wonder if you have a static IP address set up on your PC.Try checking it and allow Windows to automatically detect settings
pfndesign 13Posts Friday March 11, 2016Registration date March 21, 2016 Last seen - Mar 21, 2016 05:18PM
i got another modem from my friend and it works fine . I think there is a problem with my modem .
BrianGreen 879Posts Saturday January 17, 2015Registration date September 27, 2016 Last seen - Mar 21, 2016 06:44PM
Im glad you managed to sort it out. I just appologise that I was unablee to respond sooner.
pfndesign 13Posts Friday March 11, 2016Registration date March 21, 2016 Last seen - Mar 21, 2016 08:54PM
no problem . thank you anyway .
Add comment
Helpful
+0
moins plus
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1

this is my default gateway and when I connect to my modem using lan cable there is no problem
i check the label's my modem is td-w8901g and modem show's up is td-8811
clean my cache and nothing happend also checked with firefox also .
BrianGreen 879Posts Saturday January 17, 2015Registration date September 27, 2016 Last seen - Mar 11, 2016 07:34AM
So did this work for you? Please let me know.

That is not quite what I meant, but sort of yes. Let me try to explain with an example. First though to answer your question, it is quite possible to have 2 routers sitting next to each other which have the same SSID and the same access password.

Consider 2 people at opposite ends of the country. They coincidentally name their router "Bill". They are not very imaginative, so the both use passwords "12345678". All is good for both of them. Now one of these people moves and lives next door to the other guy. Both routers will still push out the same SSID and both will be able to connect to both computers (one at a time of cause). It would just be a matte of chance of which router the computer connects to.

Now the bad side of this. It usually happens in publicly accessible internet places, but could happen anywhere. You go to the airport and ask the airport owner for access to their wifi. They give you the SSID and the access code. Normally this is fine, but Naughty Nick sees an opportunity to hack data. He goes to the airport and sits in a restaurant where people are accessing the airports wifi. He sets up his own wifi spot and guess what SSID he chooses? Yes - its the same as the Airports. He chooses to not use a password for people to access his hotspot so when a person opens their wifi connection the computer jumps straight onto the first accessible one it sees. The person does not realize a hijack has taken place and continues with the connection whilst Naughty Nick looks at anything he wants form the unsuspecting public - including personal details, bank details, passwords, pictures, ...

Hopefully you are now working - please do let me know.

(OH - perhaps I should mention - in this entire post any similarity to people (living or dead) is purely coincidental and not a reflection or accusation on any particular individual.
pfndesign 13Posts Friday March 11, 2016Registration date March 21, 2016 Last seen - Mar 11, 2016 10:22AM
i'm waiting if it's happening again or not . litle become paranoid about it but thanks for your info . I do what I tell you but if there is another way to make my pc more secure from this tell me .
pfndesign 13Posts Friday March 11, 2016Registration date March 21, 2016 Last seen - Mar 11, 2016 03:22PM
thank you for your help . no problem for now .
BrianGreen 879Posts Saturday January 17, 2015Registration date September 27, 2016 Last seen - Mar 11, 2016 03:30PM
Glad that seems to have worked for you. You still dont say if you can see another network with your old SSID in your area. But if its working then thats good for me.
pfndesign 13Posts Friday March 11, 2016Registration date March 21, 2016 Last seen - Mar 11, 2016 04:04PM
happend again . and there is no other network with same name as my wifi network
Add comment
Helpful
+0
moins plus
ok problem is back . I was using lan and disable laptop wifi then happend again . when this happend there is no internet and "fake page" or anything just 192.168.1.1 working . I reset my modem and try to login to 192.168.1.1 and the other modem show's up . there is no other wifi network same as my network .
BrianGreen 879Posts Saturday January 17, 2015Registration date September 27, 2016 Last seen - Mar 14, 2016 10:27AM
Do you have any other routers/modems attached toy your system?
pfndesign 13Posts Friday March 11, 2016Registration date March 21, 2016 Last seen - Mar 14, 2016 02:41PM
no
Add comment
Helpful
+0
moins plus
ok . this is getting radical . I disable modem wifi and put laptop in airplane mode after 3 days happend again . this is screen shot of other modem
pfndesign 13Posts Friday March 11, 2016Registration date March 21, 2016 Last seen - Mar 15, 2016 04:51PM
when I connected in Routing Table list in modem appears 10.70.246.253
Add comment

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!