Compare values of two separate sheets and returning value

Solved/Closed
Camron - Mar 15, 2016 at 04:10 PM
 Blocked Profile - Mar 15, 2016 at 05:11 PM
Hello,

I'm currently working a spreadsheet trying to match values from Sheet 1 Column B with the values provided on Sheet 2 Column A. If it finds a match, I am then needing information from Column D of the same row (Sheet 2) copied into Column A of Sheet 1. I'm not well-versed in Excel in the least, but any help will be greatly appreciated!

1 response

Blocked Profile
Mar 15, 2016 at 04:55 PM
Ok, the task you are asking is much more complex than what we can deliver. You have to start at either OLE (object linking and embedding), or a system DSN Excel driver. Neither are beginning coding projects, and would be a waste of time for us to develop for you, as the trapping of errors would be so complex for all of the different variable of your environment. I have written code like this for here, and there are always failures and such for the end user is cutting and pasting and not actually trying to learn from the examples given.
We are sorry. if you had failing code, we could help then, but as far as a turn key solution, it cannot be done. I encourage you to write some code and let us know if you get stuck!

Tab Names: "MM" and "DG"
Row 1 was the header

Formula used:
=VLOOKUP(MM!B2,DG!A:D,4FALSE)

Got it. Thanks, though.
Blocked Profile
Mar 15, 2016 at 05:11 PM
Your two sheets were read as books. My bad. I am glad you figured it out!