Cant access WD Portable Drive

Solved/Closed
fbjunks Posts 4 Registration date Wednesday March 16, 2016 Status Member Last seen March 17, 2016 - Mar 16, 2016 at 06:02 PM
fbjunks Posts 4 Registration date Wednesday March 16, 2016 Status Member Last seen March 17, 2016 - Mar 17, 2016 at 04:52 PM
Hello,

Recently my WD My Passport has become inaccessible.
I have tried the following:
Uninstalling drivers
Changing drive name
Tried it on another laptop(still wasnt able to access it)

But nothing has worked.

When I try to opening diskpart(from cmd) or disk management after connecting the drive its stops responding

The drive connects fines.Its lights also starts blinking and one can feel it moving as well which means the harddrive is itself fine.Windows installs its driver as well but then it doesn't allow me to access it.

If anyone can help me fix the issue it will be great.

Related:

3 responses

Boogieman_WD Posts 275 Registration date Friday October 10, 2014 Status Member Last seen October 19, 2016   37
Mar 17, 2016 at 04:28 AM
Hey there, fbjunks.

I'm truly sorry to hear about the problems you're experiencing with your HDD. Do you have any data on that drive which you haven't backed up and you need to recover? Can you hear any strange sounds/noises coming form the HDD when you connect it?

You did pretty well with the troubleshooting so far. I'd also recommend that you try the drive with a different USB cables (preferably shorter than 12"), to see if anything changes.
If you don't have any data which you need to recover, you could download DLG (Data Lifeguard) and run both tests (Quick and Extended), to see what's the situation with the HDD. Here's how to do it: http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=NdhRFe

Hope that helps. Please let me know how it goes.
Boogieman_WD
fbjunks Posts 4 Registration date Wednesday March 16, 2016 Status Member Last seen March 17, 2016
Mar 17, 2016 at 01:01 PM
I used Active Partition Recovery and it showed a partition(in excellent condition) in quick scan but when I restored it by deleting the previous partition nothing actually happened although the recovery was successful. I tried deep scan as well if showed some bad sectors and MFT duplication but i wasn't able to complete the scan.
Now the software starts non-responding when connecting the drive.
fbjunks Posts 4 Registration date Wednesday March 16, 2016 Status Member Last seen March 17, 2016
Mar 17, 2016 at 01:20 PM
Update:
Screenshots showing details

Details status of the drive scan:

Don't know how to fix overlapped partition detected error
Mar 17, 2016 at 04:52 PM
Wasnt able to work around the issue and after several attempts I ended up zeroing the hard drive.
Lost all of my data but the drive is working perfectly fine