Transfer data

Solved/Closed
lynng Posts 11 Registration date Thursday March 24, 2016 Status Member Last seen March 29, 2017 - Mar 24, 2016 at 08:48 PM
vcoolio Posts 1404 Registration date Thursday July 24, 2014 Status Moderator Last seen September 15, 2023 - Mar 27, 2016 at 06:22 AM
Hello,

Is it possible to transfer data for sheet 1 to another sheet i select form a drop down box that contains all the sheet's name in that work book? If its possible can someone please direct me in the right direction on how to go about it. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

3 responses

vcoolio Posts 1404 Registration date Thursday July 24, 2014 Status Moderator Last seen September 15, 2023 259
Mar 25, 2016 at 01:39 AM
Hello Lynng,

The following code may do the task for you:-

Sub FindSheets()

Application.ScreenUpdating = False

Dim MySelection As String

Sheet1.Select

If Range("A2") <> "" Then
    MySelection = Range("A2")
    End If
Sheet1.UsedRange.Offset(3).Copy
Sheets(MySelection).Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(3)(2).PasteSpecial xlPasteValues
Sheet1.UsedRange.Offset(3).ClearContents

Sheets(MySelection).Columns.AutoFit
Application.CutCopyMode = False
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
Sheets(MySelection).Select

End Sub

As I don't know how your actual work book is set up or what exactly you want to transfer to each individual sheet, I have made the following assumptions:-

- Your data starts in Row 4 with headings in Row 3.
- Your drop down list is in cell A2.
- You wish to transfer all data from sheet1 (which I assume to be your Input sheet) to the selected individual sheet.
- You want the "used" data in sheet1 cleared once it is transferred to the selected individual sheet.

You will have to let us know exactly how your work book is set up so it would be a good idea to upload a sample of your work book to a free file sharing site such as DropBox, ge.tt or SpeedyShare then post the link to your file back here. Be careful with any sensitive data and show us your inputs and expected results.

Following is the link to my test work book which is set up based on my assumptions above:-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uuea10j9wdnvwp9/Lynng%28Select%20Sheet%20from%20Drop%20Down%20List%2Ctransfer%20data%29.xlsm?dl=0

Select a sheet from the drop down in cell A2 and then click on the Find Sheets button to see the code at work.
Once the data is transferred, the code will take you directly to the selected sheet.

Let us know what you think.

Cheerio,
vcoolio.
Dear Friend,
Thanks so much for your time and help! Your answer was just what i was looking for to set up my workbook.
Friends
Thanks for your time and help! your answer got me right where i needed to go.
vcoolio Posts 1404 Registration date Thursday July 24, 2014 Status Moderator Last seen September 15, 2023 259
Mar 27, 2016 at 06:22 AM
Hello Lynng,

You're welcome. I'm glad that I was able to help.

Cheerio,
vcoolio.