How to recover my deleted mail from my Gmail

Solved/Closed
Sujai - Updated on Jul 25, 2017 at 04:42 PM
 BrajpalYadav - Feb 3, 2019 at 12:58 PM
Hello,

I deleted a mail sent by my friend last year from my gmail account............
I felt very bad for deleting that mail..........
I was trying to recover tat mail for past 6 or 7 months............
still I dint get any idea to get tat back............
Any one here to help me for getting back that mail..........
will u please help this friend............

5 responses

Deleting messages

Gmail lets you delete either an entire conversation or one message from a conversation. Deleted messages are a lot like the stuff in the trash can in your kitchen: eventually, it's all going in the big dumpster outside, but for a little while, you can still rummage through it if you lost something important. Gmail will empty messages from your Trash automatically after 30 days, or you can permanently delete messages yourself.

Here's how you can get rid of an entire conversation:
Open the message (or select the checkbox next to it).
Click the Delete button to move the message to Trash.

And here's how you'd preserve most of a near-perfect conversation, but forget about a single message:
Open the conversation and find the message in question.
Click the down arrow next to Reply, at the top right of the message pane.
Click Delete this message.
Oh no! I've made a terrible mistake! I want that message back!

It's okay. Just after you delete a message, a yellow bar with an Undo link appears at the top of the page. If you click it, your message will be moved from Trash back to its original location. As long as your change of heart occurs within 30 days of deleting the message, you can also retrieve it from Trash by clicking Trash, selecting the message in question, and clicking Move to Inbox. This won't work if you've already permanently deleted the message, though.

No, really. I don't even like having that message in my Trash. Please take it away.

Once a message is in Trash, Gmail will delete it in 30 days, but you're more than welcome to delete it permanently yourself.

Click Trash along the left side of any Gmail page. (If you don't see Trash along the left side of your Gmail page, click more above Contacts on the left side of the page.)
Check the box next to the message you'd like to permanently delete.
Click Delete Forever. This time, it's really gone forever.
Hey thanks, I was able to recover my emails from trash.....
I recovered the most important email....

Thanku so much
great friend.... it also helped even me.
very good answer....
my gmail id are deleted. so I should recover again gmail id so what I do./
Thank You.
IRTC Tickets
If you can't find the trash folder in gmail its because you have to change your gmail settings.... In the upper right hand corner of the screen click on "Settings". Then click on "Labels" in the middle of the screen. 3rd and final step is under "System Labels" next to "Trash" click "Show" and that will let you see the trash bin!
Thanks! Easy when you know how!!
Hi thanks a lot. that was a great help. I Labeled all my impotent mail as persona and mistakenly delete all of them except moving them to personal and in the Trash there was nothing. But I followed your instruction and have my all e-mails back. Thanks a lot.
Good news and bad news.

Good news:
If you deleted it from you INBOX you can get it back. Just look in the trash folder, or easier search for words in that email you are talking about.

Bad news:
If you deleted that email, you are talking about, from your TRASH folder you cannot get it back.
lots of thank I got it from my trash folder
you can retrieve the email as long as it it still 30 days within the time you've deleted it. google explains it all https://support.google.com/mail/answer/7401?hl=en&ctx=mail

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Your mail may recover if you dont delete trash file. Most of the files are store from it if you accidently deleted from your inbox. I too got my files from this way. Just right click inbox comment and try to open trash file. I am sure that you may get it from it.

thanks