Syncing Windows 10 with Frontier Communications Webmail

Solved/Closed
ladyhawk1623 Posts 2 Registration date Saturday April 2, 2016 Status Member Last seen April 2, 2016 - Apr 2, 2016 at 06:41 AM
ladyhawk1623 Posts 2 Registration date Saturday April 2, 2016 Status Member Last seen April 2, 2016 - Apr 2, 2016 at 06:05 PM
I've found instructions on syncing Frontier Communications Webmail citing that there is an IMAP issue. There is a workaround and my question actually pertains to the effect on my ability to sync and pick-up my email from my iPhone 6S. The settings presently working on my phone are: Incoming Mail Server - Host name: pop3.frontier.com and Outgoing Mail Server - SMTP: smtp.frontier.com

The syncing instructions on Windows 10 are: Incoming email server - imap.mail.yahoo.com Account type - IMAP4 and Outgoing (SMTP) email server - smtp.frontier.com:465:1 (Keep the last four options all checked)

Presently, if I do anything from my phone whether it is to delete, reply or archive an email, logging into frontier from my laptop reveals it virtually untouched. I cleaned out quite a bit of SPAM the other day from my phone and a visit to my email from my laptop revealed no deletions whatsoever. You can imagine how wonderful that discovery was for me.

Before I do anything, I thought I'd ask to see if this is a good idea to try and sync with Windows 10 or if there is a way to sync with my iPhone 6s. I already have a directory full of duplicate files and have experienced much of the fabulous wonder that is Windows 10.... I'd rather avoid further frustration, if possible.

Thanks in advance.....
Related:

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,171
Apr 2, 2016 at 05:38 PM
Hello,

If you have it working now, please don't change anything. Windows and IOS can't stand each other.

The best people to answer your inquiry is Frontier as very often providers have their own codes, ie pophm.

Regards
ladyhawk1623 Posts 2 Registration date Saturday April 2, 2016 Status Member Last seen April 2, 2016
Apr 2, 2016 at 06:05 PM
Thanks for the advice. I agree with you as I have also heard that Microsoft is working on the file duplication issues and it is best to leave well enough alone. I just wish that I could process/delete etc., emails on my iPhone and have the webmail reflect those actions. I did speak to Frontier today and they complimented my hesitancy because they do not utilize IMAP at this time and my situation would have been worse.

So, life goes on. Thanks again for the sage advice!

Regards.