Pen drive not detected in Windows 7

Closed
akshay - Apr 10, 2016 at 10:59 AM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Apr 10, 2016 at 12:56 PM
Hello, I have problem with my 4GB pen drive its detecting in windows xp but not in windows 7 please say the problem

thank you

please send it fast
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,827
Apr 10, 2016 at 12:56 PM
As all the hardware devices have drivers associated similarly USB devices also have it. Sometimes proper drivers do not get detected after the initial installation so reinstallation of the drivers helps resolve the issues.

You may check after uninstalling and reinstalling the USB drivers if you are able to connect. You may disconnect all USB devices and then perform the following steps:

1. ClickStart, and then click Control Panel.

2. ClickSystem and Maintenance, click System, and then clickDevice Manager.

Note If Control Panel is in Classic View, double-clickSystem, and then click Device Manager.

If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or clickAllow.

3. In Device Manager, double click to expand "Universal Serial Bus controllers", right click on the Host Controller, click "Uninstall" and click "OK".
Check if at all there is an exclamation mark along the driver, it suggests issues with the driver installed.

4. Repeat the step 2 to uninstall all items under "Universal Serial Bus controllers".

Then, restart your computer and Windows 7 will reinstall all USB controllers automatically.

If you still face the same issue then you may check for the updated USB device drivers using windows update. Refer to the below link for assistance–
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows?ui=en-US&rs=en-001&ad=US

If the issue sill persists I would request you to check for chipset driver updates which you can get at the manufacturer website. The chipset drivers normally incorporate USB controller drivers as well.

Hope this helps.