Without connecting on a charger, I cannot turn on my laptop.

Solved/Closed
Yifan Posts 2 Registration date Monday April 11, 2016 Status Member Last seen April 12, 2016 - Apr 11, 2016 at 12:06 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Apr 16, 2016 at 04:55 PM
My laptop has a condition that puzzled me a lot, which is that I sometimes (yes it's randomly and I couldn't find out the regulation) cannot turn it on without connecting on a charger even there's 100% power in the battery and the battery is operating really well. After turning it on, it works as a normal one even I pull off the charger.
My laptop is Lenovo Carbon X1 and it's under the warranty. It has had this condition since I bought it. Last week I asked a service man from Lenovo to fix it. He changed the battery for me, and it could be turned on without charger at that time, but still after several hours I turned it off, it cannot be turned on without the charger again.
I also found that every time after shutdown the laptop, I can turn it on without the charger. But sometimes after cooldown for several hours, it can only be activated by the charger even it has 100% power in the battery.
I don't want to take my charger and try to find a charging plug every time when I want to use my laptop in the public place. How can I solve this problem? And how can I describe this kind of problem to the repair personnel of the Lenovo?
Related:

1 response

bugs buny Posts 838 Registration date Friday November 2, 2012 Status Member Last seen June 13, 2017 1
Apr 11, 2016 at 08:19 PM
You truly need to send that to Lenovo. It is truly out of order.
PS: Why would you try to fix it by yourself if Lenovo can for you? Maybe they will send you another laptop if the one you have is really broken.

What you can tell them is: "I can't turn my laptop on if I don't have it connected to a charger. I already contacted you for the same problem, but even if the battery was replaced, it still doesn't want to work properly. What can I do?"
Yifan Posts 2 Registration date Monday April 11, 2016 Status Member Last seen April 12, 2016
Apr 12, 2016 at 09:29 AM
Thanks for your reply.
I'm in Finland and I cannot speak Finnish really well. Last time the Lenovo service man drove from another town to the place I live for my fix. I'm afraid I cannot explain really well to them this time, as my laptop seems normal after it is turned on through the charger, which might be like I'm cheating to the service.
However, thanks to your reply. You gave me the encouragement to ask Lenovo to fix it for a second time!
bugs buny Posts 838 Registration date Friday November 2, 2012 Status Member Last seen June 13, 2017 1
Apr 16, 2016 at 01:48 PM
You're welcome ;-) If they sold you something busted or just not working properly, this is what you need to do. Even if you have to send your laptop more than twice, you need to have a fully function a laptop.
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,170 > bugs buny Posts 838 Registration date Friday November 2, 2012 Status Member Last seen June 13, 2017
Apr 16, 2016 at 04:55 PM
Good work Bugs, you're my kind of bunny! Do you dance the bunny hop?