Frontier specific connection

Closed
Morphuimax Posts 1 Registration date Thursday April 14, 2016 Status Member Last seen April 15, 2016 - Apr 15, 2016 at 01:32 PM
 Morphuimax - Apr 17, 2016 at 12:27 PM
Hello,
OK so my computer on Monday was going fine until I left to eat lunch and came back and then all of a sudden it could not connect to the Internet it said that that it was an unidentified network and that it had no Internet access to my apartment's Internet or Internet on college campus. So after diagnosing it said it could not configure an iP address. Ultimately getting frustrated with the problem I decided to reset the computer (restore to factory settings all important documents were on a flash drive). However after starting back up it had the same problem with the apartments Internet but it worked with college campus internet. I did ip config release and renew. I did netsh int ip reset resetlog. I ran scans to see if i have a virus I did not (would not rule that out though). My computer is a dell inspiron 11 with windows 8.1 2015 edition my apartment's Internet is frontier. What could I possibly try to fix this? Is it computer or the Internet provider? If it is the internet provider do I need to get an engineer?

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Apr 15, 2016 at 04:11 PM
Hi,

No you don't need an engineer but a friendly customer service representative.

I hear that Frontier has a many of them. You paid for it so I suggest you contact Frontier.
Sorry I called and they couldn't figure it out either. I am waiting on them to get a response from an email to one of their engineers because apparently other people are having the same problem.