Problem installing drivers - Dell e1405

Solved/Closed
Wran - Apr 21, 2009 at 01:46 PM
 reo - Jun 5, 2010 at 07:33 PM
Hello, I have a Dell Inspiron e1405 and had to do a complete reformatting of the c: drive. I reinstalled Windows XP with the CD that came with my computer. I then proceeded to install the drivers and utilities also from the cd that came with the computer. I was able to get the sound and video drivers installed, however, I'm having a horrible/frustrating time getting my internet connection to work. The computer does not recognize the wi-fi. I did a diagnostic check and it said that the wireless card was working fine. When I go to Device Manager, it shows "Other Devices" with question marks... Driver not installed or not recognized. I have checked all over the Internet and have done many reformats... nothing. Can someone please help?!?!?! I don't want to pay Dell for their technical support... at least, not yet.
Thank you!!
Related:

4 responses

i have a dell inspiron e1405 first to install network you need to download drivers intel(r) pro/wireless 3945ABG net driver and can upgrade your connection later. First you need the internrt to get the driver so i suggest you connect to the internet through ethernet to download the driver. if not buy the drivers through ebay under $10. Or you can download the drivers to a cd-rom. Make sure you download drivers in order. I forgot the order but e-mail me if you want to.
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,828
Apr 22, 2009 at 05:20 PM
This is a link to Dell's download site for the Inspiron 640m/E1405

http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/driverslist.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=gen&os=WLH&osl=en&catid=&impid=&SystemID=INS_PNT_E1405

Good Luck
Hi.. Am also having the same problem.. audio drivers and video drivers I was able to find out and install. They are working fine. But when I try to connect to

1. internet connection through cable or through wi-fi
2. connect my TV to my laptop

its not working.. dont know which more are not working..
(when I enter ipconfig/all in cmd prompt its not even showing the ip address / mac address )
Unfortunately I lost my drivers cd.

Is it possible for you to share the drivers cd you are having with me..
My gtalk ID is "sowmithrii". Please ping me.
need a copy of your installation disk.daughter messed this one up