Transfer an entire row from one sheet to another

Solved/Closed
JC - Apr 19, 2016 at 08:36 PM
vcoolio Posts 1404 Registration date Thursday July 24, 2014 Status Moderator Last seen September 15, 2023 - Apr 20, 2016 at 05:08 PM
Good Evening,

I seriously need major help. Please!! Please!! Please!!

I have an inventory of over 600+ items (rows) each row has 12 columns with descriptions of the product-the last column is name buyer(where I put who purchase the item, If know one has bought the item then is blank. I want to be able to transfer all the blank ones to a separate sheet without having to copy and paste. I don't know much about excel but I guess it would be an equation or macro that would transfer the entire row if the buyer column is blank.

Thank you so much

Related:

5 responses

vcoolio Posts 1404 Registration date Thursday July 24, 2014 Status Moderator Last seen September 15, 2023 259
Apr 20, 2016 at 01:48 AM
Hello JC,

See if the following code will do the trick for you:-

Sub TransferStuff()

Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Application.DisplayAlerts = False

Range("L1", Range("L" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp)).AutoFilter 1, ""
     Range("A2", Range("K" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp)).Copy Sheet2.Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(3)(2)
     Range("A2", Range("K" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp)).Delete
     [L1].AutoFilter

Application.DisplayAlerts = True
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
Sheet2.Select

End Sub

The code will filter on Column L for blank cells and will transfer the relevant row of data to sheet2. The code will also delete the "used' data from sheet1.

Following is the link to my test work book for you to peruse:-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hvptuv6w5ehlaox/JC%28Transfer%20rows%20with%20empty%20cells%20in%20Column%20L%29.xlsm?dl=0

Click on the button to see the code at work

I hope that this helps.

Cheerio,
vcoolio.
Thank you so much, this really really makes my life easier.
One last question and sorry to bother you- instead of deleting the row could I just hide it?
I looked it up and I only saw an option to hide the whole sheet with "visible=false"

Once again thank you so much
vcoolio Posts 1404 Registration date Thursday July 24, 2014 Status Moderator Last seen September 15, 2023 259
Apr 20, 2016 at 11:04 AM
Hello JC,

Remove line 10 from the code above then place the following line of code:-

Columns("L").SpecialCells(4).EntireRow.Hidden = True

just under this line of code:-

[L1].AutoFilter

That should do the trick for you.

Cheerio,
vcoolio.
Thank you so much for helping me out. This really helps with my inventory!

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Apr 20, 2016 at 05:08 PM
Hello JC,

You're welcome. I'm glad that I was able to help.

Cheerio,
vcoolio.