Can't play the game after expansion pack

Closed
briannagrace.21 Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday April 26, 2016 Status Member Last seen April 26, 2016 - Apr 26, 2016 at 10:04 PM
 Blocked Profile - Apr 27, 2016 at 05:41 PM
Hello!

I am a avid sims player and have been for a very long time! I have been playing the sims on my laptop computer.. windows HP laptop (sorry if that's worded wrong... I am definitely not a tech person!) since the beginning of my simming days.

Recently, my mother bought me a 2 in 1 expansion pack with Generations and World Adventures. I installed the game correctly, as I installed my other expansion packs, and all was well for about a week. Now, I can not play my game. At all.

During gameplay, my screen with freeze for about 2 seconds, then flicker to a complete black screen. It will stay that way for about 2 to 3 seconds before returning to my normal gameplay screen. However, it will then blink back to the black screen, and will do this blinking for about 4 to 6 times before completely freezing. When it is completely frozen, I can no longer move my mouse, bring up my start menu, start task manner, exit the game, nothing. The screen will continue to stay frozen for a few seconds before turning blue with lettering then shutting off. This blue screen is similar to the same screen that will pop up after your computer overheats and you turn it back on... saying something about the overheating and starting the computer back up.

Now, as I said before, I have been playing on this laptop since I new about The Sims 2 and 3. My first expansion pack installed on this computer was Pets. I did not have any of the problems mentioned above while playing. Then, I installed Season and Into The Future. After installing those two expansion packs was when I first ran into this black screen problem. It was not bad... would only happen a few times every month and never really bothered me while playing.

However, now, I log into my current household and as soon as I move my mouse, the blinking begins. I have tried so many things to fix this but I am just not a tech person. I need help, desperately, because I have no idea what I will do if I can not play my games.

Please, someone help!

Thanks.
Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Apr 27, 2016 at 05:41 PM
OK, can you un-install it? What does Electronic Arts say on their website. I encourage you to look on EA's site for help.