External hard drive not recognized

Closed
Kasznica - May 5, 2016 at 03:26 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - May 5, 2016 at 05:27 PM
Hello,

my external hard drive is not recognized. I can see it at Device Manager and BIOS. Its lighting when conected. I CANT open Disk Management while its plugged into computer(somehow i cannot even start computer while its plugged). Sometimes i can see this hard drive in windows but its empty it doesnt have name, and i cant open it of course.

I also tried plugging it directly through SATA but its the same.

Can u guys please tell me what should i do to recover my data?:(

Sorry for my english

edit: I ran HIRENSBOOT mini widnowsXP but drive was still not recognized. I was trying to recover files with Recuva but it didnt work(had to unplug external hard drive to make this program open). I noticed that i cannot run any hard drive detecting program while my external hard drive is plugged. Any ideas?

Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
May 5, 2016 at 05:27 PM
It appears that the drive electronics have failed. If you can find the exact same drive it's possible to transfer the circuit board from a working drive to the failed drive. But, it must be the exact same board/drive (same ID and revision level).

Good Luck