Lost the green Volume Bar in Vista

Closed
mrbigehands Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday April 22, 2009 Status Member Last seen April 22, 2009 - Apr 22, 2009 at 10:34 PM
 Angela - Mar 2, 2012 at 09:19 AM
Alright, so my situation is entirely my fault, so if please don't condescend upon my ignorance. I was in the task manager ending processes that I deemed "useless" in an attempt to reduce my CPU usage. Apparently (at least) one of those processes was not "useless." As a result of this, I seem to have lost the green bar that appears when changing the volume with the physical buttons. The toolbar icon is still there and functioning properly, I have simply lost the green bar that appears in the middle of the screen. I am using a Lenovo ThinkPad with Windows Vista. If anyone can help me fix this, it would be greatly appreciated.
Related:

2 responses

hansaplast1 Posts 14 Registration date Saturday August 23, 2008 Status Member Last seen June 10, 2009 4
Apr 23, 2009 at 03:54 AM
So do you remember the program you closes on the task manager?
FOR ACER LAPTOPS

(worked on my Windows 7)

I'm not sure if you have already find a solution to your GREEN VOLUME BAR INDICATOR problem, but anyways the solution is the "LAUNCH MANAGER"

Resinstall or enable this function and your volumne indicator should pop out when you turn the volumne dial.

If you are using and ACER notebook, you can use the ACER eRecovery Maanagement, then select the "Reinstall applications/drivers", from here just follow it step by step, but be sure to select only the driver for the LAUNCH MANANGER to avoid accidentally reformating your system.