Unable to delete folder (item cannot be found)

Solved/Closed
mysticantrix Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday May 17, 2016 Status Member Last seen May 17, 2016 - May 17, 2016 at 04:28 AM
SergiyMike Posts 1 Registration date Friday November 25, 2016 Status Member Last seen November 25, 2016 - Nov 25, 2016 at 12:29 PM
Last month I created a folder named 'asm' on my desktop. I copy and pasted it into My Documents, then deleted the original folder. A few weeks later the folder reappeared on the desktop, and I deleted it again. This happened several times.

Today the folder reappeared again, and I tried to delete it, only to be stopped by a popup saying 'Could not find this item. This is no longer located in C:\User\Username\Desktop. Verify the item's location and try again." How can I delete the folder permanently?

(I have a Lenovo laptop running Windows 10)
Related:

2 responses

JONDZ Posts 52 Registration date Tuesday February 9, 2016 Status Member Last seen July 18, 2016 6
May 17, 2016 at 09:39 AM
If you want to delete a folder permanently, then use Disk CleanUp Tool. To do this, go to Start button, search for “Disk cleanup” in the Start menu, and launch the Disk cleanup application. Click the "Clean up system files" button. Then, wait a bit while Windows scans for files and folders. Select the one which you want to delete....
thanks man that really helps
Samantha Chloe
Aug 11, 2016 at 03:47 PM
“Long Path Tool” is very helpful for this error !
You can use to solve this problem

Long Path Tool help me a lot when i have an issue like file deleting or renaming the file. Also good to use if file name and file extension is too long.

I used to have similar problems too, but after using "long path tool" everything was solved. Try this software and you would be glad you did.
“Long Path Tool” is very helpful for this error !
You can use to solve this problem
Johnraf222 Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday September 6, 2016 Status Member Last seen September 6, 2016
Sep 6, 2016 at 01:50 AM
I used to have similar problems too, but after using
"long path tool" You can use to solve this problem.
wrightsanches Posts 1 Registration date Saturday October 15, 2016 Status Member Last seen October 15, 2016
Oct 15, 2016 at 02:21 AM
Long Path tool is a great tool for fixing problem.