Unable to delete folder (item cannot be found) [Solved]

Ask a question mysticantrix 3Posts Tuesday May 17, 2016Registration date May 17, 2016 Last seen - Last answered on Nov 25, 2016 12:29PM
Last month I created a folder named 'asm' on my desktop. I copy and pasted it into My Documents, then deleted the original folder. A few weeks later the folder reappeared on the desktop, and I deleted it again. This happened several times.

Today the folder reappeared again, and I tried to delete it, only to be stopped by a popup saying 'Could not find this item. This is no longer located in C:\User\Username\Desktop. Verify the item's location and try again." How can I delete the folder permanently?

(I have a Lenovo laptop running Windows 10)
See more 
Helpful
+0
moins plus
If you want to delete a folder permanently, then use Disk CleanUp Tool. To do this, go to Start button, search for “Disk cleanup” in the Start menu, and launch the Disk cleanup application. Click the "Clean up system files" button. Then, wait a bit while Windows scans for files and folders. Select the one which you want to delete....
pras- May 26, 2016 04:52PM
thanks man that really helps
Samantha Chloe- Aug 11, 2016 03:47PM
“Long Path Tool” is very helpful for this error !
You can use to solve this problem

Long Path Tool help me a lot when i have an issue like file deleting or renaming the file. Also good to use if file name and file extension is too long.

I used to have similar problems too, but after using "long path tool" everything was solved. Try this software and you would be glad you did.
frans daniel- Aug 16, 2016 06:00AM
“Long Path Tool” is very helpful for this error !
You can use to solve this problem
Johnraf222 1Posts Tuesday September 6, 2016Registration date September 6, 2016 Last seen - Sep 6, 2016 01:50AM
I used to have similar problems too, but after using
"long path tool" You can use to solve this problem.
wrightsanches 1Posts Saturday October 15, 2016Registration date October 15, 2016 Last seen - Oct 15, 2016 02:21AM
Long Path tool is a great tool for fixing problem.
Add comment
Helpful
+0
moins plus
The Long path tool is the very best program for error, unlock solution.
Try it and solved your problem.
I used the long path tool and I solved my error, unlocks problem solution
SergiyMike 1Posts Friday November 25, 2016Registration date November 25, 2016 Last seen - Nov 25, 2016 12:29PM
Long path tool lets you manage and even rename files that have more than 255 characters.
Add comment

Member requests are more likely to be responded to.

Members can monitor the statuses of their requests from their account pages.

A CCM membership gives you access to additional options.

Not a member yet?