Running Windows XP on acer aspire 4743 [Solved]

Ask a question Saidul - Last answered on May 24, 2016 05:27AM
Hello,

I have an Acer laptop model aspire 4743 with Windows 7(64 bit) installed. Can I run Windows XP in it?
If I can so, HOW?
See more 
Helpful
+0
moins plus
You need the installation disks.

Since XP is no longer supported, if you succeed to install XP, I am absolutely certain that you will be back on this forum for help because you will have huge problems trying to run your laptop.

Good luck anyway
Saidul- May 22, 2016 06:50PM
Well, I understood.
Is there anything else you can suggest me what should I do? There's some problems with my PC and I will have to change or repair the OS. Which OS should I install?
And THANKS .
Ambucias 35239Posts Monday February 1, 2010Registration date ModeratorStatus December 8, 2016 Last seen - May 23, 2016 05:53AM
Hello

What is the problem with your pc?
Saidul- May 23, 2016 09:07AM
Thanks for your quick response.
I started the computer but a few moment after starting there's a pop up message on screen which says that "Windows Explorer has stopped working". There's also a option in the message to restart Windows Explorer. I restarted the Windows Explorer but it kept stopping again and again. This happens continuously and don't give me time to open any program or file . That's why I can't open control panel. I didn't set any System restore. Now what can I do by myself?
Note:
I have been using the laptop for a few years and unfortunately lost the CD given with the laptop .
Please reply ASAP.
Add comment
Helpful
+0
moins plus
Hello

There has to be one system restore point on your machine even if you have not created one. Look back on the calendar, updates automatically create a restore point.

Follow this procedure:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/restore-system-files-and-settings
Add comment
Helpful
+0
moins plus
My problem is solved . Actually low disc space was causing problem. Now I can use my pc.which wasn't possible earlier.
You took my issue with importance and I really appreciate your help.
Ambucias 35239Posts Monday February 1, 2010Registration date ModeratorStatus December 8, 2016 Last seen - May 24, 2016 05:27AM
Thank you for letting me know
Add comment

Member requests are more likely to be responded to.

Members can monitor the statuses of their requests from their account pages.

A CCM membership gives you access to additional options.

Not a member yet?