Keys type double sometimes, words jump up into previous text

Closed
JayneAuthor Posts 5 Registration date Sunday May 22, 2016 Status Member Last seen May 22, 2016 - May 22, 2016 at 04:13 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - May 23, 2016 at 05:50 AM
I am having a lot of trouble with the keyboard. Many times the key that is hit once will print not one letter, but two or more. I touch them lightly and do not hold the key down. Also, when typing a paragraph and pause for a second, then resume typing, the text will jump up somewhere in the paragraph and not where I was typing. I am an author and this is running me crazy. I have not had this computer very long and it is refurbished. I needed a lot of power and speed, so this was all I could afford. It has 8GB RAM and 1 TB hard Drive.
Related:

2 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,170
May 22, 2016 at 04:19 PM
Greetings Jayne,

Are you talking about a laptop keyboard or a desktop keyboard ?

P.S. What did you teach ?
JayneAuthor Posts 5 Registration date Sunday May 22, 2016 Status Member Last seen May 22, 2016
May 22, 2016 at 06:12 PM
It is a relatively new Dell Inspiron with 8MB RAM and 1TB Hard drive. After I posted, I tried to answer your question, and all of the keys started typing a different letter than I pressed. I am on another laptop now, an Acer Aspire(I have four). I bought the new one because I am a writer now and also because I have a huge file on Ancestry.com I am working on. Although I taught fifth grade for a couple of years and seventh grade English for three, I spent the rest of my career teaching Gifted and Talented children, mostly in elementary, but three years in middle school. I enjoyed it very much.
As for the Google thing, I am so mad I may just take it off my computer and switch to something else.
PS My book was released on Amazon last September as a Kindle ebook. It is doing pretty well and is ranked 345 in Cozy Mysteries, although it is not a Cozy. It is more like Janet Evanovich and John Grisham mixed together. The title is The Charm Bracelet Murder and it will be free on May 27 only, as it is my birthday!
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,170
May 23, 2016 at 05:50 AM
Hello

Sorry for the late reply, I had to logout.

Concerning your erratic laptop keyboard, it's a frequent issue with laptops due to a circuit problem. Only a qualified technician can repair. You laptop may be still under warranty.

Good luck

P.S. The Charm Bracelet Murder sounds interesting.