Autofill and open worksheet

Closed
sippin03 Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday May 24, 2016 Status Member Last seen May 25, 2016 - May 24, 2016 at 07:55 AM
 Blocked Profile - May 25, 2016 at 05:19 PM
Hello,
I am wanting to be able to search and open worksheets by typing the beginning of a worksheet.

I have worksheets X,Y,Z and if I begin typing X I would like to have X autofill and when I click on that, have it take me to that worksheet. Is there any way of doing this? I am very new to excel but am eager to learn. Thank you for any help!
Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
May 24, 2016 at 07:07 PM
In what "Window" are you trying to do this in?
I was hoping to use a cell that as I typed would begin to populate whatever tabs began with the letters I was typing. Maybe something like a search box that when selected would open the worksheet. I think I have close to 100 worksheets that I need to access weekly and scrolling down on the tab arrows takes a bit of time. I started messing around in excel and love the possibilities but such a newbie I could use some direction. Thank you for any input and help. sippin
Blocked Profile
May 25, 2016 at 04:27 PM
To search External Files from a cell isn't going to be discussed here! That is WAY beyond the scope of this forum! It becomes cumbersome to hook into the filesystem, and would be way to tough to explain all of the different scenarios to make your solutions bullet proof! Are the files on your local computer, or on a share?
sippin03 Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday May 24, 2016 Status Member Last seen May 25, 2016
May 25, 2016 at 05:16 PM
It is for work. Thank you for getting back to me so quickly. I can just use the hyperlink option and call it good until I get much more stick time in excel. Again thanks!
Blocked Profile
May 25, 2016 at 05:19 PM
I encourage you to possibly use a built in search on the Operating system, it is already in the can and working as a search!