Pc frpze. does not boot/post anymore. black screen

Solved/Closed
Giovan - Jun 4, 2016 at 09:33 AM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Jun 4, 2016 at 12:37 PM
Hello,

Yesterday I was watching a movie and my pc froze. It didn't blue screen it just froze mid frame. I had to manually restart it but it did not boot. When it powers on all the fans and hardrives seem to start spinning and the gpu and cpu fans spins like normal. During this the screen stays "black" it does not show any bios screen or anything. Keyboard and mouse don't light up.

I tried a number of things. I tried replacing the vga cable. I tried unplugging and plugging all cables back in. I tried resetting the bios. I tried removing the motherboard battery thing too. I tried removing the gpu and booting from the motherboard vga port.

The thing that worries me the most is I tried removing the memory sticks. And on power up the pc did not play any errors beeps...

Please help guys I don't know what's wrong? Is the motherboard dead??
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,828
Jun 4, 2016 at 12:37 PM
It appears so.