Slow Boot After Clone By Win Image Backup [Solved]

Ask a question ngomaichi 6Posts Tuesday April 26, 2016Registration date August 4, 2016 Last seen - Latest answer on Jun 10, 2016 12:46AM
I have 2 identical hp5700 sff desktops, intel duo 1.8g, 32bit, 4g ram. I decided I could clone the 160g WD drive of desktop A, which works fine, and install the clone to 320g WD in desktop B, since they are identical units. I used win image backup. After completion, desktop B boots to a screen with a spinning circle and the message "please wait", which lasts 2 minutes, and then it moves to the logon screen. Logon is fast enough to desktop and the computer performs normally after this. Desktop A boots fine without the 2 minute delay. I inserted repair disk, which said there were MBR errors which it fixed, but this didn't change the delay. I ran error check/ repair from c drive>properties>tools with no change. I would love to have help fixing this.
See more 
Helpful
+1
moins plus
So you've cloned Desktop A to Desktop B so now they're both running the same install with the same PC name and the same SIDs.

On the one you've cloned to, I would run sysprep found in here:

C:\Windows\System32\Sysprep
Add comment
Helpful
+0
moins plus
Thank you for help !!!
--------------------------------
Add comment

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!