Ipod shuffle shuts down when itunes opens

Closed
l.halsey Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday June 8, 2016 Status Member Last seen June 12, 2016 - Jun 8, 2016 at 05:59 PM
l.halsey Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday June 8, 2016 Status Member Last seen June 12, 2016 - Jun 12, 2016 at 04:03 PM
I have the latest itunes installed on my PC laptop. I have an ipod shuffle and I want to be able to change the playlist, specifically be deleting some songs. When I plug the ipod into the laptop via a USB connector the ipod starts to charge (the light flashes [orange]). But then when itunes opens (either automatically, or manually), the ipod light goes off. In itunes, although I can see the contents of the ipod, I can't change it (for example I can't delete any of the songs).

So it appears that opening itunes loses the connection between the laptop and the ipod shuffle. Any ideas on how to fix this issue would be gratefully received. Thank you.

1 response

Blocked Profile
Jun 8, 2016 at 07:00 PM
So delete the songs from the library, and when it synchs, it will remove it from the device. It is a shuffle! You dont need to see the screen when it is connected to the PC! The Itunes program does all that you need it to!

It's kind of fun to do the impossible! -Walter Elias Disney
l.halsey Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday June 8, 2016 Status Member Last seen June 12, 2016
Jun 12, 2016 at 04:03 PM
Thank you for this idea ac3mark. But unfortunately, I am unable to sync the device, presumably because my ipod shuffle shuts down when itunes opens. I get no 'settings' option on the left of the itunes window and thus no way to request a sync. So I'm still stuck with an ipod shuffle (2nd generation, so no screen), that I can charge but cannot alter the contents of.