If certain 'type' is in col. K have whole row copy to new sheet

Solved/Closed
Dani - Jun 20, 2016 at 12:07 PM
vcoolio Posts 1404 Registration date Thursday July 24, 2014 Status Moderator Last seen September 15, 2023 - Jun 21, 2016 at 08:54 AM
Hello,

I am wondering if it is possible to have a whole row copy to a designated sheet based off of the value in a column. So for example if my row is A:P and the value in col. K = BIG, have that A:P copy to the sheet called BIG.

Thanks!

Related:

2 responses

vcoolio Posts 1404 Registration date Thursday July 24, 2014 Status Moderator Last seen September 15, 2023 259
Jun 21, 2016 at 03:53 AM
Hello Dani,

The following code may do the task for you:-

Option Explicit
Sub TransferData()

Application.ScreenUpdating = False

Dim ar As Variant
        Dim i As Integer

ar = Array("Big", "Little", "Medium")

For i = 0 To UBound(ar)
         Sheets(ar(i)).UsedRange.ClearContents
         Sheet1.Range("K2", Sheet1.Range("K" & Sheet1.Rows.Count).End(xlUp)).AutoFilter 1, ar(i)
         [A2].CurrentRegion.Copy Sheets(ar(i)).Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(3)
         Sheets(ar(i)).Columns.AutoFit
    Next i
[K2].AutoFilter

Application.CutCopyMode = False
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
MsgBox "Data transfer completed!", vbExclamation, "Status"

End Sub

It will find the criteria (in this case "Big", "Little", "Medium") in Column K of Sheet1 (which you could name "Master") and transfer the relevant row of data to each individual sheet. The criteria are in an array.

Following is the link to my test work book:-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hzqz9opl8cl724i/Dani%28Master%20sht%20to%20multi%20shts%2Cautofilter%29.xlsm?dl=0

Click on the button to run the code.

Let us know if its what you were thinking of.

I hope that this helps.

Cheerio,
vcoolio.
vcoolio Posts 1404 Registration date Thursday July 24, 2014 Status Moderator Last seen September 15, 2023 259
Jun 21, 2016 at 08:54 AM
Hello Dani,

You have marked the thread as solved. Does it suit your needs?

For the sake of possible future visitors to this site/thread, please leave a reply of some sort confirming that it does suit your needs (or otherwise).

Thank you.

Cheerio,
vcoolio.