HP Pavilion dv6 Screen flickering- [Solved]

Ask a question amateur_programmer - Latest answer on Jun 27, 2016 12:13AM
Hello,
My laptop (hp pavilion dv6) screen keeps flickering with a small red line that appears at the left side of the screen. I have been having this issue from 3 months but now its getting worse. For testing purpose, I projected the laptop on an external LCD screen with the Duplicate option selected, after doing this the flickering stopped in my laptop but the external LCD screen flickers. The minute I disconnect them, my laptop starts flickering again.
What could be the reason behind this issue? Is it the LCD cable or the graphics card that's causing this?
See more 
Helpful
+0
moins plus
I projected the laptop on an external LCD screen with the Duplicate option selected, after doing this the flickering stopped in my laptop but the external LCD screen flickers

From what you said it clearly states that your Graphic card on the logic board causing the issue, did you hear any beeps? and i thing probably you need a technician to repair it.
Moderator/Hardware Technician                                                                                            
Please inform us when the issue is resolved. Thank you.
Computertech 3772Posts Friday February 6, 2015Registration date ModeratorStatus July 18, 2016 Last seen - Jun 24, 2016 03:10AM
Previously you said,
"I projected the laptop on an external LCD screen with the Duplicate option selected, after doing this the flickering stopped in my laptop but the external LCD screen flickers "

Now you said,

"now I just keep it plugged with the LCD to use it without the flickers"

can you please clarify it first.
amateur_programmer- Jun 24, 2016 01:30PM
Sorry for the misunderstanding, What I meant in the second comment was that now I keep my laptop plugged with the LCD using VGA cable and its projected as duplicate so, my laptop doesn't flicker instead the LCD flickers as, I'm not concerned about the LCD so, it is a temporary solution for now.
Computertech 3772Posts Friday February 6, 2015Registration date ModeratorStatus July 18, 2016 Last seen - Jun 25, 2016 12:45AM
So when you connect LCD to laptop it also flickering similar to laptop screen which means that there was a problem in GRAPHIC CARD itself.
amateur_programmer- Jun 25, 2016 06:20AM
This sucks, then I'll give it to a technician
Thank you :)
Computertech 3772Posts Friday February 6, 2015Registration date ModeratorStatus July 18, 2016 Last seen - Jun 27, 2016 12:13AM
Your'e welcome.
Add comment

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!