HP Pavilion dv6 Screen flickering-

Solved/Closed
amateur_programmer - Jun 22, 2016 at 10:35 PM
Computertech Posts 3569 Registration date Friday February 6, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen July 18, 2016 - Jun 27, 2016 at 12:13 AM
Hello,

My laptop (hp pavilion dv6) screen keeps flickering with a small red line that appears at the left side of the screen. I have been having this issue from 3 months but now its getting worse. For testing purpose, I projected the laptop on an external LCD screen with the Duplicate option selected, after doing this the flickering stopped in my laptop but the external LCD screen flickers. The minute I disconnect them, my laptop starts flickering again.

What could be the reason behind this issue? Is it the LCD cable or the graphics card that's causing this?
Related:

1 response

Computertech Posts 3569 Registration date Friday February 6, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen July 18, 2016 892
Jun 23, 2016 at 03:17 AM
I projected the laptop on an external LCD screen with the Duplicate option selected, after doing this the flickering stopped in my laptop but the external LCD screen flickers

From what you said it clearly states that your Graphic card on the logic board causing the issue, did you hear any beeps? and i thing probably you need a technician to repair it.
Moderator/Hardware Technician                                                                                            
Please inform us when the issue is resolved. Thank you.
amateur_programmer
Jun 23, 2016 at 09:12 AM
No actually I haven't heard any beeps, just the annoying flickering, now I just keep it plugged with the LCD to use it without the flickers. I took it to the technician he said it might be a cable and I'll order it for you, but I'm afraid that it's not the cable as you said its the graphics card! But how he didn't detect it :/
Computertech Posts 3569 Registration date Friday February 6, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen July 18, 2016 892
Jun 24, 2016 at 03:10 AM
Previously you said,
"I projected the laptop on an external LCD screen with the Duplicate option selected, after doing this the flickering stopped in my laptop but the external LCD screen flickers "

Now you said,

"now I just keep it plugged with the LCD to use it without the flickers"

can you please clarify it first.