Unable to access my Yahoo email

Closed
W2210 - Jun 23, 2016 at 11:18 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Jun 23, 2016 at 04:34 PM
Hello,
I tried signing into my email the other day and after I signed in, it asked me to verify that I was who I said I was and they sent a passcode to my alternate email address. The problem is, the alternate email address they have is not active anymore because I don't use it. I didn't put in my mobile phone number either, so I don't have any other alternate way of verifying my identity. I've tried several things to try and get access to my account - but it won't even let me get past the sign in screen. Was my account hacked? I have friends who have email through other providers and they have NEVER had an issue where the provider completely shuts down an account to just verify your identity. This is getting extremely ridiculous. I have had this email for years - I use it for everything and now I can't even get past the sign in screen. PLEASE HELP!!
Related:

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,171
Jun 23, 2016 at 04:34 PM
Hello
The solution to your issue is provided in this CCM « How-to » article :

“Yahoo Mail How to Recover Your Account”

Click on the following link to view the How-to:
https://ccm.net/faq/36332-how-to-recover-your-yahoo-mail-account
Good luck