HDMI Dell laptop the screen goes black [Solved]

Ask a question reherzog 2Posts Monday June 27, 2016Registration date June 29, 2016 Last seen - Last answered on Jun 29, 2016 at 12:59 PM by reherzog
If I insert an HDMI into my Dell laptop the screen goes black and returns to normal when the HDMI is removed. This HDMI connection to TV worked until I clicked on something in my task bar that caused the problem. How can I fix this? REH
See more 
Helpful
+0
plus moins
After you plug in the HDMI cable, turn on the TV. then press {windows Key}+P, and you should be able to make a choice on what screen you wish to use!

Although, you didn't mention what O/S, so it may not work!
reherzog 2Posts Monday June 27, 2016Registration date June 29, 2016 Last seen - Jun 29, 2016 at 12:59 PM
Thanks ac3mark,

I discovered the solution shortly after I posted. I didn't realize that I had clicked on something in the task bar that changed "display" and found out that when I turned the TV on it worked as my computer monitor with the PC screen still black. I went to the control panel to "display" and reset it and now every thing works fine. Thank you for your solution. REH
Leave a comment

Member requests are more likely to be responded to.

Members can monitor the statuses of their requests from their account pages.

A CCM membership gives you access to additional options.

Not a member yet?