HDMI Dell laptop the screen goes black

Solved/Closed
reherzog Posts 2 Registration date Monday June 27, 2016 Status Member Last seen June 29, 2016 - Jun 27, 2016 at 06:08 PM
 Vivek - Dec 16, 2021 at 01:41 AM
If I insert an HDMI into my Dell laptop the screen goes black and returns to normal when the HDMI is removed. This HDMI connection to TV worked until I clicked on something in my task bar that caused the problem. How can I fix this? REH
Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Jun 28, 2016 at 06:44 PM
After you plug in the HDMI cable, turn on the TV. then press {windows Key}+P, and you should be able to make a choice on what screen you wish to use!

Although, you didn't mention what O/S, so it may not work!
reherzog Posts 2 Registration date Monday June 27, 2016 Status Member Last seen June 29, 2016
Jun 29, 2016 at 12:59 PM
Thanks ac3mark,

I discovered the solution shortly after I posted. I didn't realize that I had clicked on something in the task bar that changed "display" and found out that when I turned the TV on it worked as my computer monitor with the PC screen still black. I went to the control panel to "display" and reset it and now every thing works fine. Thank you for your solution. REH
Thank you this worked for me. By clicking {windows Key}+P once nothing showed up, I tried clicking multiple times then the laptop screen turned up with options to extend, duplicate the screen.