Laptop won't connect to internet but can ping

Closed
bleekdageek - Apr 27, 2009 at 02:43 PM
 Milkman - Oct 31, 2009 at 04:19 PM
Hello,
I have a laptop(windows vista ultimate) that will not connect to the internet explorer but it is able to ping other ip addresses on the network and other websites but still no internet. I have disabled all antivirus software that is running on the laptop, I also ran some virus scans on the laptop that came up with no viruses on it, I also checked my cable with my Fluke Cable testers and my CAT5E cable came up as passed. Could you PLEASE help me! Thank you.
Related:

2 responses

Find you my computer icon and right click, go to manage, Computer management will be the next window.

Services and Applications\services\net.tcp port sharing services. then start the services
Hi my laptop does the same when I use my data card (but I can still use Outlook for all my email needs). when I am at home on cable and wireless it works perfect.
tried everything I know bit still can't seem to browse.
windows XP service pack 3
thanks
dawooddoe Posts 404 Registration date Saturday February 21, 2009 Status Member Last seen November 12, 2010 109
Apr 28, 2009 at 09:35 AM
Use nslookup to test resolving domain name/URL, if it fails to resolve then it's DNS resolving problem. You can test to configure following free DNS servers provided by OpenDNS on your laptop, see whether it helps.