Windows Explorer can't start, Taskmgr fails too..

Solved/Closed
PR-TONO1D Posts 2 Registration date Monday July 11, 2016 Status Member Last seen July 11, 2016 - Jul 11, 2016 at 10:34 AM
Helper.NeedHelp Posts 253 Registration date Saturday July 23, 2016 Status Member Last seen August 22, 2022 - Jul 25, 2016 at 05:27 AM
Hey,
I was just browsing my new mint condition PC and saw a folder named "OLDNEWEXPLORER" and made a program called "OLDNEWEXPLORERCFG.exe" run.

I made my taskbar and other explorer privileges look cooler... I tried to put up with the settings and saw something called SHELL EXTENSION w/ INSTALL and UNINSTALL(Can't be made yet) OPTION and got up with the Install button, the program worked for a few minutes but after a few minutes everything closed (Blank Screen).

I restarted my PC, tried to put up the explorer with tskmgr but opposite of starting the program it stopped itself..

Now, my PC runs blank ; i can log in ; view and end running tasks with task mgr ; but can't start Windows Explorer.

-Regards
Related:

1 response

Helper.NeedHelp Posts 253 Registration date Saturday July 23, 2016 Status Member Last seen August 22, 2022 5
Jul 25, 2016 at 05:27 AM
when you go on task manager
Go to run/open (based on the window your on)
Type explorer.exe then click run/open
It should be fixed

Hope this helps!