PC automatically shut down while playing games [Closed]

Vasu - Jul 19, 2016 at 11:10 AM - Latest reply: brakheart 1 Posts Tuesday January 9, 2018Registration date January 9, 2018 Last seen
- Jan 9, 2018 at 02:12 PM
Hello,
I am a customer of your. I want to ask you that what to do if the PC turns off automatically while playing games.

See more 

4 replies

R2D2_WD 3616 Posts Monday September 1, 2014Registration dateCertified CCM ContributorStatus February 20, 2017 Last seen - Jul 20, 2016 at 06:37 AM
Helpful
Hi Vasu,

If you are facing a random shut down issues, the most likely reason is overheating. Please install some tool that monitors the PC temperature, especially while playing games. Overheating may send signal to the PC, which shuts down to prevent damage. I strongly recommend you to clean the cooling fans.
If you confirm that there is no temperature issue, I would suggest you to check the power supply, because it may be failing.

Hope this helps

Key Phomsopha - Feb 18, 2017 at 02:08 AM
Helpful
Yes in my case the PC shuts down while playing 3D game or watching HD movie. I download GPU temp monitoring application from www.gputemp.com. I notice the temp starts at 75C and keep going up all the way to 115C then the PC shuts down. After I replace the new heat-sink or heat-pipe the temp never exceed 55C. So the heat-pipe could go bad in the case that think it supposes to last forever lol. My PC is HP Elite 8300 the heat sink PN is 698214-001
R2D2_WD 3616 Posts Monday September 1, 2014Registration dateCertified CCM ContributorStatus February 20, 2017 Last seen - Feb 20, 2017 at 07:07 AM
The cooling system may be affected by factors like dust, vibrations, hardware temperature, space in the tower, etc. It is a good thing that the PC shuts down when the temperature gets high. To be honest, those values sound a bit extreme and can severely damage the hardware. I am glad all runs fine now. It may be nice to keep doing a temperature check once a week to be sure all runs as expected.
brakheart 1 Posts Tuesday January 9, 2018Registration date January 9, 2018 Last seen - Jan 9, 2018 at 02:12 PM
I have the exact same problem but I must say I dont have as high temperatures as he says. GPU tops at around 74-75 while playing very graphic intensive games like AC Origins or Guild Wars 2. And before you suggest anything, I had this exact same problem a while back with my old PSU, and bought another new one thinking that changing would remove the problem. It didn't. It just happened the same thing right now with the new one, and this one is not even one year old. Any help?
My specs:
CPU: i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz
GPU: gtx 970 4gb DDR5
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 12GB DDR3
Windows on SSD
All games installed in a separate Seagate 465gb ST500DM002 SSD
Respond to Key Phomsopha