"You currently don't have permission to access this folder"

Closed
Doug204 - Jul 27, 2016 at 08:22 AM
KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   - Jul 29, 2016 at 09:33 AM
Hello,

I am having problems accessing any usb drives on my desktop . I receive the following message "You currenlt don't have permission to access this folder " when I click contimune , I am told I need to gain access through security tab m but there is no security tab showing . I have tried them all on my laptop and have no problems there. . I have tried some of the solutions I have found here but no success. I am running Windows 7 Professional 64 bit.

The last solution I tried was uninsatlling driver and reinstalling - no luck , Please help

Thank you

Related:

2 responses

KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   122
Jul 28, 2016 at 11:09 AM
Hello Doug204,

From your post I understood that your USB works on the laptop, but is not working at the desktop PC, is that correct? Have you tried the flash drive to several ports of the PC? Are you getting the same error everywhere?
Please, make sure that you are logged as an administrator. If you are, then try these steps:
1. Open the Command prompt
2. Type the following command:
attrib -h -r -s /s /d X:\*.* Then hit "Enter" and wait about for some seconds
Be careful! Respect the spaces between words and script. Change the letter X with that has been assigned to the USB device on your PC (that you can see it in My Computer. It can be anything, depends on each computer.)
3. Finally, browse the flash drive and delete the recycle folder and if there is another one called "Autorun" you have to delete that too.

Let me know if that helped you.

HI

Thank you for the help , but it did not work , I copied and pasted the command then when that didn't work entered it myself , still not resolved

Doug
KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   122
Jul 29, 2016 at 09:33 AM
Hi again,

I didn't understand whether you were logged in as an administrator on the desktop PC or not. Please, confirm that you have entered the privileged mode of your computer. Also, you may want to check in BIOS if the USB ports are enabled. To do so, please restart the PC and enter the BIOS settings and check if the USB ports are enabled. If they are not, change the setting.

Let me know what happened afterwards.