LG Flatron in Power Saving Mode when I attempt to boot PC [Solved/Closed]

Ask a question jerfleet 2Posts Wednesday July 27, 2016Registration date August 4, 2016 Last seen - Latest answer on Aug 4, 2016 09:30AM
My LG Flatron M228WD Monitor goes into "Power Saving Mode" as my Dell Dimensions 5000 PC (yes, I know its old) attempts to boot. I have NVIDIA installed.
Boot light stays "green". I get nothing on the monitor apart from advising its a RGB output/input in top left hand corner before it goes blank.
I've read through previous fixing suggestions but they seem to include a Fn key that my keyboard doesn't have. Only F1 ro F12 inclusive.
Also tried Num-Lock suggestion - no luck and other suggestions
Also there's a loud whirring noise from inside the PC casing. I've cleaned which reduced it a little.
I have several important emails that I definitely do not want to lose
I'm a non techie and can't give further info but I'll attempt to answer questions if led by the nose
Can anyone help me please?
See more 
moins plus
The "poser saving mode" message is generated by the monitor when it does not receive an in-put signal from the computer. It appears that you computer has died and needs the services of a PC repair shop.

Good Luck
moins plus
Hi, to let you know a techie mate advised that I changed the GFX card. I did and my old XP PC is working again. Like getting an old friend back.

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!