Dell laptop screen turns off when using.

Closed
ExpertKiD Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday August 2, 2016 Status Member Last seen August 2, 2016 - Aug 2, 2016 at 10:15 PM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   - Aug 3, 2016 at 06:26 AM
I recently bought a Dell Inspiron 7559 model laptop. It has 8 Gb memory and 4 GB NVidia GTX 960 graphics.

Full Specs Here: https://www.dell.com/en-us/shop?showMessage=1

It's the one that costs $799.99 but is offered at $749.99.

Now back to the issue.

Sometimes when using the laptop, at some random time, the laptop's screen goes blank. The screen gets shut off. Then, the usb keyboard loses power. However, the system isn't shutting down. It keeps staying in ON state. Even the backlight keyboard seems to be working i.e. when I press it, it lights up. But, the system does not respond.

Then, the only option that I can do is click the power button to shut down the system. Then, reopen it again.

How can I solve this particular problem?
Related:

1 response

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Aug 3, 2016 at 06:26 AM
Hi ExpertKiD,

It looks like an overheating issue. The system shuts down to preserve itself and can be manually turned on. I would recommend you to download a temperature measuring tool. If all seems fine, open the Control Panel and look for the Power Management. Make sure the High Performance option is selected.
If the issue persists, I strongly recommend you to contact the seller. I presume the laptop is under warranty.

Hope this helps