Hidden file in pen drive.

Closed
souviksarkar Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday August 23, 2016 Status Member Last seen August 23, 2016 - Aug 23, 2016 at 10:09 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Aug 24, 2016 at 06:09 AM
Please help me to get back my hidden folders from pen drive. Am using windows10 in my laptop and my pendrive is scandisk dual port.

best regards,
Souvik Sarkar

2 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Aug 24, 2016 at 06:09 AM
Check if the files are not in hidden mode.

Click on "Start" -->Run --> Type cmd and press Enter.

Here I assume your pendrive drive letter as G:

Enter this command.

attrib -h -r -s /s /d g:\*.* --> Press Enter

You can copy the above command --> Right-click in the Command Prompt and

paste it.

Note : Replace the letter g with your pen drive letter.

Now check your pen drive for the files.

Good Luck
KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   122
Aug 23, 2016 at 10:43 AM
Hello Souvik,

Have you tested your pendrive on another PC? Did you switch different USB ports while trying to access the data? Please, come back to the topc and share some more info.
There are some data recovery programs that might help you with that. You could search for them over the Internet. If they don't help you, then you could try to access the data using Linux Live USB / CD. Within the Ubuntu forum you can see the steps how to make a bootable flash. Once you have downloaded the .iso file, change the boot priority on the computer where the USB is placed. It is done through the BIOS and you must change the boot priority to be from USB ports and not the HDD. When it boots from the PC, you have to click on try and and not on install the OS.

Hope I gave you an idea. Cheers.