Copy data of 1 sheet to another if criteria matched

Closed
preeti - Aug 30, 2016 at 05:19 AM
vcoolio Posts 1404 Registration date Thursday July 24, 2014 Status Moderator Last seen September 15, 2023 - Aug 30, 2016 at 08:10 AM
Hello,

1 have 3 sheet master, damage & shortage. in master sheet if i enter in n column damage then full row should be copied in sheet damage also & same way for shortage. pls help

Related:

2 responses

vcoolio Posts 1404 Registration date Thursday July 24, 2014 Status Moderator Last seen September 15, 2023 259
Aug 30, 2016 at 07:14 AM
Hello Preeti,

Perhaps the following code will do the task for you:-

Option Explicit
Sub TransferData()

Application.ScreenUpdating = False

Dim ar As Variant
        Dim i As Integer

ar = Array("Damage", "Shortage")

For i = 0 To UBound(ar)
         Sheets(ar(i)).UsedRange.ClearContents
         Sheet1.Range("N2", Sheet1.Range("N" & Sheet1.Rows.Count).End(xlUp)).AutoFilter 1, ar(i)
         [A2].CurrentRegion.Copy Sheets(ar(i)).Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(3)
         Sheets(ar(i)).Columns.AutoFit
    Next i
[N2].AutoFilter

Application.CutCopyMode = False
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
MsgBox "Data transfer completed!", vbExclamation, "Status"

End Sub

The code filters Column N in the Master sheet (sheet1) for the criteria "Damage" and "Shortage" and then transfers the relevant row of data to the appropriate sheet.

Following is the link to my test work book for you to peruse:-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7p31hcb08wz7i1o/Preeti%28Master%20sht%20to%20multi%20shts%2Cautofilter%29.xlsm?dl=0

Enter the criteria "Damage" or "Shortage" in any cell in Column N of sheet1 as many times as you like then click on the run button to see it work.

I hope that this helps.

Cheerio,
vcoolio.
thanks it works but pls provide for column X instead of N & where should this formula to be copied
vcoolio Posts 1404 Registration date Thursday July 24, 2014 Status Moderator Last seen September 15, 2023 259
Aug 30, 2016 at 08:10 AM
Hello Preeti,

In line 13 in the code above, wherever you see an "N" change it to an "X".

To implement the code, press Alt + F11 to open the VB Editor. In the ribbon at the top, click on Insert and then select Module. In the big white field that then appears on the right hand side, paste the above code. You will then need to assign the macro to a button to run the code. Alternatively, you can run the code by pressing Alt + F8 and in the Macro dialogue box that appears, select the code name (in this case, it is named "TransferData") and then click on "Run".

Cheerio,
vcoolio.