Laptop does not turn on

Solved/Closed
Ogtay - Aug 31, 2016 at 02:49 PM
 Ogtay - Sep 4, 2016 at 03:27 PM
Hello,

I have got my brand new Lenovo Thinkpad T450 laptop a few monthes ago. Firstly I would say that is does not meet my expectations but there was still no problem till a day ago. I used the laptop till the battery completely dead which is resulted in shutting down suddenly. Then I plugped AC and tried to turn on back but it do not turns on still. Also the lights on Fn, F1 and F4 buttons are on. So, I click on power button but it does not turn on. I searched some info on internet and found that it may be possible to turn when to click 10 times on power then click and wait 30 seconds, but there is no result. The laptop does not turn on. What can be the problem? What I can do?

Related:

2 responses

Brian,

I have tried it several times but it doen not work.

My laptop is Thinkpad t450. You know that in t450 thera two batteries. One is internal and one is extarnal. I have tested the method you suggest by removing only extarnal battery. So, may it be because of this issue? So, If can remove both batteries can it be work?
BrianGreen Posts 1005 Registration date Saturday January 17, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen September 30, 2021 150
Aug 31, 2016 at 06:17 PM
Did you try holding the power button for a minute with no power at all (battery AND power supply)?

The small round internal battery is to keep the BIOS settings and will usually not affect the method I described.

The larger sort of rectangular battery could stop this fix working, but accessing it to remove the plug might well invallidate any guarentees you might have.

If I were in your position I would be looking at returning it to the shop where you bought it and asking for either a refund or a replacement, but usually (at least in the UK) shops tend to take the PC and repair it.

Please let me know how you get on.
Ogtay > BrianGreen Posts 1005 Registration date Saturday January 17, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen September 30, 2021
Sep 4, 2016 at 03:27 PM
Thank you. This method fixed the problem. I opened the cover and removed both internal and external batteries. Then it solved the problem.
Now all is OK. But is it problem for future use? I mean is it a problem? What would be the cause of this? Is it possible to be happen in future?