Pc wont start, 3 beeps.

Ask a question jacobetiel 3Posts Friday September 16, 2016Registration date September 17, 2016 Last seen - Latest answer on Sep 17, 2016 12:19PM
Hello everyone, today I bought a new benq screen, gtx 1060 and an ssd card.
I plugged everything in abd tried to boot up my pc, and my pc just keeps running but nothing happens on monitor, and there are 3 beeps coming from pc every few seconds.
I put back all my normal hardware still doesn't work and I also checked all of my ram sticks, cleaned all dust and placed ram back in.
I really don't know what to do, please help!
See more 
Helpful
+0
moins plus
Well, those beeps are a form of diagnostic created by the POST (power on self test). Typically (you did not mention what motherboard you have) three beeps means the motherboard is fried! You can have good ram, and video card, but the board that they all connect to is NO GOOD!

Take out the RAM, and see if you still get three beeps!
jacobetiel 3Posts Friday September 16, 2016Registration date September 17, 2016 Last seen - Sep 17, 2016 02:34AM
Yes I still have 3 beeps...
Add comment
Helpful
+0
moins plus
If you continue to get the same result, and you have altered the configuration (take out RAM), then it is the Motherboard.
Add comment
Helpful
+0
moins plus
Is there any other solution? My old pc does the exact same thing when I tried to boot him
Add comment
Helpful
+0
moins plus
If it beeps, regardless if ram is in or not, there is no other fix.

Add comment

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!