How to delete an unauthorized profile

Closed
vend775 Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday September 20, 2016 Status Member Last seen September 20, 2016 - Sep 20, 2016 at 06:17 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Sep 21, 2016 at 06:36 AM
I would appreciate any help. If anyone wants to take this on, please contact me, I will be glad to compensate them.

an ex-girlfriend created a facebook profile in my name. It contains pictures that I never wanted to be seen in public and with those pictures posted, I am about to lose my current girlfriend.

I do not know the e mail she used or the password.

I have tried to work through the facebook internal process for almost nine months. All you ever get are canned responses. On three occasions, I have gotten notifications...........thanks for brining this to our attention we have deleted the unauthorized profile.........but it is never deleted. When I hit reply and say it was never deleted, I get a canned e mail message making me start all over again.

I have even had a LA attorney try and delete it on my behalf. It is impossible to speak with anyone at Facebook it is impossible to even get a personal e mail response. My attorney suggested reporting it as a copyright violation through Facebook to get quicker/better attention but that is proving daunting.

He suggests next step is to sue them in California for copyright violation and request a temporary restraining order.

there has to be an easier way but I am beyond frustration. Thank you.

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Sep 21, 2016 at 06:36 AM
Hello

You must report the account to Facebook. Here is how:

https://www.facebook.com/help/174210519303259