A few problems internet explorer wont open

Closed
problemchild - May 4, 2009 at 01:45 PM
msound36 Posts 10 Registration date Friday March 20, 2009 Status Member Last seen June 15, 2009 - May 5, 2009 at 05:26 AM
Hello,
I just tried to download internet explorer 7 and now it wont open, its trying but then nothing happens, no error code comes up. So I uninstalled it. HP told me to do it in safe mode, well I tried that and couldnt even get a web page to come up. Also, HP updated downloaded servpak 3 and ms net framework 3.5. While the pak 3 stated installed successfully the other one stated failed. After that happened my windows wouldnt even open so then I did a system restore. I wondering if these problems are related. I used to have IE 7 and loved having tabbed browsing, now I cant even get it. HP chat support states I have nothing wrong with my computer and that I should buy the serv pak 3 discs and try to download IE7 in safe mode (didnt work). I dont know what to do. So as of now Im stuck with internet explorer 6.
Related:

1 response

msound36 Posts 10 Registration date Friday March 20, 2009 Status Member Last seen June 15, 2009 2
May 5, 2009 at 05:26 AM
hi,
uninstall Internet Explorer 7 and then download it again.
or you may try other browsers like Firefox or Opera.