Help with password request

Closed
Trish - Sep 30, 2016 at 10:30 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Sep 30, 2016 at 05:17 PM
Hello,

I've read some posts and I've tried to reboot and command S after chime. The problem is that I don't get a chime and my volume is turned all the way up. I bought a used MacBook Pro 2012 and I have a call into the place but who knows if I will get a call back. I'm anxious to use my laptop but I don't have a password it is asking for. I tried my Apple ID and pw that didn't work. I did t set up a password because I didn't want to have this issue and now I'm desperate for help. Please tell me someone can help me?
Sincerely, Trish (forever grateful for any support)

PS I have a receipt for my purchase of said laptop so it is not stolen and I have proof of it. Problem is the company that sold it hasn't responded to me.

Related:

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,170
Sep 30, 2016 at 05:17 PM
Hello Trish.

As we mentioned to you before, you can’t prove that you are the legitimate owner, at least not in a forum.

We would need to see your proof of purchase, compare it to the serial number on the computer, we would also need to see an official government id with picture and compare it with your face that we would see live.

May I suggest that you return to where your purchased the computer and ask for the password.

From here, it almost looks like you purchased the computer from the back of a truck.

Good luck