Your Vaio can't start windows

Closed
pulvis Posts 1 Registration date Sunday October 2, 2016 Status Member Last seen October 2, 2016 - Oct 2, 2016 at 03:51 AM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   - Oct 4, 2016 at 06:12 AM
I have a Vaio laptop.

I installed a Vaio software and the laptop restarted but when it turn on again I got a grey screen with a "Your Vaio cant start Windows" message.

What can I do?

I don't want to loose my files. Are they safe in the hard drive?
Related:

1 response

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Oct 4, 2016 at 06:12 AM
Hi Pulvis,

If the OS cannot start, that may mean that there is a problem with the hard drive, with the OS or with some internal connection between the hard drive and the motherboard. Please try to enter in BIOS menu and check if the hard drive is correctly recognized. If it is, use a Windows installation drive and boot from it. Select the Repair option. It should not harm any data. If the process is not successful you may need to reinstall Windows. This will affect all data stored on your primary partition. If there are important files there, connect the drive in a desktop PC and backup all important data. Once you do so, download the drive manufacturer’s diagnostic tool and check the drive’s conditions. If the drive is in bad condition, you may need to replace it.

Hope this helps