Timeout Error - yahoo password reset

Ask a question Baffledknob - Last answered on Oct 19, 2016 02:18PM
Hi

I've been attempting to reset my password on yahoo mail (uk domain) using the reset method provided.

After inputing my adress I need access to, inputing the captcha on screen and answering my security questions I am met with an instant timeout notification, telling me to try again because I was inactive for a long time.

It takes me 10 seconds to go through this process; over and over again I am met with the same notification asking me to try again. I've tried using addonless browsers, laptops and desktops to no avail. Furthermore, I have asked others with yahoo accounts to attemt the same but have had no problems. I know the time out is set on yahoos side so im a bit lost. Any help on this is immensly appreciated. Thank you.
See more 
Helpful
+0
moins plus
Hi

Bizarre ! What is the exact message that you can read ?
Baffledknob- Oct 3, 2016 05:55PM
Hi Ambucias

I cant get a screenshot atm but closely paraphrased : "Oops, it appears you have been inactive for a while please try again"
Its the standard timeout message yahoo sends. Only its sent instantly on Entering the second security answer.
Message has a link attached to 'try again' and sends you back to the first step of the password reset.
Ambucias 34956Posts Monday February 1, 2010Registration date ModeratorStatus December 2, 2016 Last seen - Oct 3, 2016 06:03PM
I'm stumped ! Try again after deleting all of your temporary files and cookies.
alex- Oct 19, 2016 02:18PM
I'm having this exact same problem right at this moment, any sort of resolution would be great..
Add comment

Member requests are more likely to be responded to.

Members can monitor the statuses of their requests from their account pages.

A CCM membership gives you access to additional options.

Not a member yet?