Drag, but not drop.

Ask a question BrianGreen 882Posts Saturday January 17, 2015Registration date ModeratorStatus November 27, 2016 Last seen - Last answered on Oct 17, 2016 04:27PM
Hi all,

I came across an interesting problem where a colleague of mine could drag a window to place it in a convenient spot, but could not drop it. It was a pop-up generated as a legitimate part of the works web site, but when the left mouse button was released then the window continued to be stuck to the curser. Right clicking would release the window so you could click on an option or another part of the screen, but as soon as this was done the window attached itself again.

This does not happen often, but is bad when it does ad this particular colleague is in a help desk situation and when it happens in the middle of a call it is impossible to continue without refreshing the page, and therefor losing the place in the problem.

Any ideas? - as always a beer of the very alcoholic virtual kind is on offer to the first correct respondent :^)
See more 
Helpful
+0
moins plus
Hello

Did your friend try to double left click?
Ambucias 34974Posts Monday February 1, 2010Registration date ModeratorStatus December 2, 2016 Last seen - Oct 5, 2016 04:32PM
I have returned!

I use Firefox, I detest Edge and IE.

What kind of popup is it? Is it an ad, a bird, a plane? Something useful or something annoying?
BrianGreen 882Posts Saturday January 17, 2015Registration date ModeratorStatus November 27, 2016 Last seen - Oct 7, 2016 06:39AM
I didn't know you were away!

Its a legit popup that the work website throws up. It just sometimes hides the stuff you want to see so you have to move the popup out of the way to get at the data underneath. Then you work on the popup and save the data you put in and the popup disappears into the ether after saving all the data you just added.

I agree IE is perhaps not the best, but that's what she likes to use and the company don't mind. I use Firefox by choice, but the works site is optimized for Chrome so I end up using that for work :^(
Ambucias 34974Posts Monday February 1, 2010Registration date ModeratorStatus December 2, 2016 Last seen - Oct 7, 2016 04:37PM
You are still working for a living ! Pity !
BrianGreen 882Posts Saturday January 17, 2015Registration date ModeratorStatus November 27, 2016 Last seen - Oct 17, 2016 08:23AM
I think you are getting the wrong end of the stick - when I say I go to work, what I really mean is that I attend on a regular basis. How dare you accuse me of actually doing something useful like work!!!

:^)
Ambucias 34974Posts Monday February 1, 2010Registration date ModeratorStatus December 2, 2016 Last seen - Oct 17, 2016 04:27PM
Sorry, I did not mean to offend you.
Add comment

Member requests are more likely to be responded to.

Members can monitor the statuses of their requests from their account pages.

A CCM membership gives you access to additional options.

Not a member yet?