Auto populate into a different tab based on cell value [Closed]

Ask a question Nate - Last answered on Oct 6, 2016 at 06:26 PM by vcoolio
Hello,

My job involves tracking several POs for several different vendors. I am looking to compile several sheets of data into one workbook with differing tabs (titled for each vendor). What I would like to see happen is, I input information (site id, address, PO #, Vendor) into the first master tab. then have a formula/macro take that info and based on the vendor name a populate the info into the corresponding tab by PO #. The trick is to pull information for different vendors to different tabs.

I am trying to do this so it makes everything much smoother. Is there any way to do it without having to key in the PO # in the vendor tab then VLookup everything else? Again I am dealing with a lot of data so creating something like this would be amazing.

Please Advise. Thanks!

Helpful
+0
plus moins
Hello Nate,

Have a look at the following link:-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/obp4l610rw4yrh8/Excel620%28Master%20sht%20to%20multi%20shts%29.xlsm?dl=0

It is a query I solved for another Poster a few months ago and I believe that it is a similar scenario to yours.

The code associated with that particular work book creates sheets based on Store numbers in Column A and then transfers each relevant row of data to the relevant sheet.

Let us know what you think.

Cheerio,
vcoolio.

Member requests are more likely to be responded to.

Members can monitor the statuses of their requests from their account pages.

A CCM membership gives you access to additional options.

Not a member yet?