Cell Date Creates a New Sheet

Closed
machuofm - May 5, 2009 at 10:12 AM
mubashir aziz Posts 190 Registration date Sunday April 12, 2009 Status Member Last seen February 16, 2010 - May 5, 2009 at 11:37 PM
Hello,

I am working on an excel worksheet for a construction project. I have an "Additional Work" worksheet set up so that I can enter a date in a given column (ex. B=5/4/09) and then a cost amount in the subsequent rows (ex. 1-cabinets=$100, 2-painting=$50,...etc.) which is all then added to my original contract. My next step, if possible, is trying to figure out how, once I've added data to a column, to get that information to input into an Invoice template that I have. Ideally I'd like it if every time I added a column/date, I could get a new file to open so that I have a new sheet for each date instead of it just overwriting the data on a single Invoice template. I realize this would be easier to help with if I had a start on it, but I'm just not sure what formula to even start with if something like this is remotely possible. If someone could point me in the right direction, I could work out a specific example that I could then post.

In a nut shell:
formula that: If cell B1 has data, open new Invoice Template into which that data is inputed

Thanks,

machuofm

1 response

mubashir aziz Posts 190 Registration date Sunday April 12, 2009 Status Member Last seen February 16, 2010 165
May 5, 2009 at 11:37 PM
The best thing is use of Vlook up .....For this purpose in your data seet you have to all nececssary inputs like Date, Amount and now enter invoice date, invoice amount in figures , invoice number in a separate column in same sheet.

Now in invoice sheet where you have invoice template you can use combo box and specific fields like amount, invoice number and invoice in figure can be connected while using Vlookup so whenever you will change combo box then your invoice template will be changed automatically. Its a good approach and you will get the invoice summary and invoice template at the same time ......